Graddick-Greek Salad with Dijon Greek Dressing and Grilled Lemon-Dill Shrimp

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Do you have that go to recipe that you seem to always have the ingredients on hand for? Well, for me that is greek style salad. That is why I am naming it Graddick Greek Salad because the Graddick household is always prepared to whip this up! Staples in our pantry and fridge almost always include the ingredients needed for this salad, including the dressing. I use this dressing for other salads too and the easiest part is, I never follow exacts. I just kind of throw stuff in a bowl and mix it up and BAM salad dressing for our salad. 9 times out of 10 at our house, we are using some type of homemade dressing and for the most part it is just some type of olive oil and vinegar blend. No worries though, I measured this recipe out for you so you don't have to go around guessing. 

As for the salad, just do what you like. If you don't like certain ingredients listed, leave them out. If you want to add something not listed, add it. I usually just go with what I have on hand. This recipe would be awesome with chicken or even some quinoa mixed it. Keep reading and do yourself a favor, grab the ingredients to make this ASAP, it is so, so good!





GRADDICK GREEK SALAD

( no exact measurements here, just use however much of each item you want)

-About 2 handfuls of spring mix {{per person}}
- red onion (diced)
- artichoke hearts ( I don't like the sliminess of the marinated ones. I buy just the plain ones in water)
-cucumber (diced)
-mixed cherry tomatoes
-chickpeas/garbanzo beans (rinsed) {{ for two people I use about half the can}}
-capers (with juiced drained off)
-kalamata olives
-peppadew peppers
-feta cheese, lots of feta cheese

(I would have put pepperocinis on here but I was out)

Mix desired amount of toppings with the spring mix and top with Dijon-Greek dressing. Serve with grilled shrimp or chicken. 

---------------------------------------





DIJON GREEK DRESSING

-1 tsp dried Basil
-1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
-1/2 tsp Onion Powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-few cracks of fresh cracked pepper
-juice of half a lemon
-1 TBLSP Dijon Mustard
-1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
-1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Combine all items in glass jar. Vigorously mix with a fork. (or shake if you have a lidded container)

This saves well in the refrigerator.  


------------------------------------------





GRILLED DILL-LEMON SHRIMP


-Raw large shrimp,  peeled (I get about 5-6 shrimp per person)
-1/4 cup filled with half Extra Virgin Olive Oil and half Red Wine Vinegar
-1/2 tsp dried Dill (I sometimes use more because I really love dill)
-1/2 tsp Flavor God Lemon Garlic Seasoning ( you could probably just use garlic powder here if you don't have the seasoning mentioned)
-juice of 1/2 a lemon
- pinch of salt

Combine all items in bowl. Be sure to coat shrimp well with marinade. Allow to sit and marinate for atleast 15 minutes or more. 

Place shrimp on skewers

Grill until desired doneness


---------------------------------

Graddick Greek Salad served with Dijon Greek Dressing and Grilled Lemon-Dill Shrimp



ENJOY!


Do you have a recipe you would like for me to share? Comment below and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan