Weekend Roundup

Monday, March 21, 2016

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had an amazing weekend. This weekend was pretty relaxed for us. We didn't have anything we had to do so, it was nice to just relax and do whatever. Here are a few scenes from my weekend.


 On Friday after work I stopped by my favorite beer store to pick up a few craft beers. I had been on a white wine kick for a few weeks but, I was ready for some good craft brews! Being that it was the weekend, I wanted something good and "springy" so , I picked up a few things. Barbara had the horses saddled up when I got home. I went and played with them for a little while and they may or may not have wanted to drink some of my beer.


Early Saturday morning, Thomas and I headed to Soda City on Main Street Columbia. We haven't had a chance to go lately and the nice weather had me itching to spend some time outside. I grabbed up some empanadas (to DIE for, do yourself a favor and go on a saturday just to get these!) and a juice from Gin's Juice. I love that they make the juice fresh when you order it and they are mobile!
  

I love seeing all the dogs at Soda City and our girl Darcy loves eating all the popcorn people have dropped on the ground from the kettle corn people!
 
  

 The best deal at Soda City is from Livingston Farms. They have boxes and you can fill them up with the produce they have for only $10. I meant to take a picture but totally forget. We filled our box with mushrooms, brussels sprouts, okra, beets, onions,  zucchini, squash, kale and sweet potatoes. I normally like to get some tomatoes from them but, I had just bought a bunch a few days before. I also like to pick up micro greens from City Roots while we are there. They are better priced than the two grocery stores locally I know that sell them. I also picked up some organic basil and as soon as I got home I whipped up some fresh pesto.

I used the fresh pesto, microgreens and the tomatoes I had from earlier in the week to make up a BMTP (Bacon, Microgreen, Tomatoe,Pesto)  sandwich for lunch that day.  When it is nice out I could eat a sandwich like this everyday...if only it was as good without the toasty bread. 

 

This little cutie and her mama stopped by later in the day on Saturday. She had a cute little smocked top on, but she was playing in the dirt, so we took it off of her and she looked like a true little Southern country girl. She plopped down in the leaves and her mama made me come take her picture. She was loving the sunshine and the dirt, definitely loving the dirt.



 Caprese Salad topped with fresh pesto.


 On Sunday we had planned to go to church, but Thomas was feeling pretty sick. I spent the day around the house washing clothes and making some food for this week. I had this almond pound cake mix so, I decided to whip it up. I topped a piece with some fresh strawberries and DANG it was good.


 I spent the day going between washing clothes and making a bunch of things in the kitchen. I made quinoa, chimichurri ( the world's best condiment coming at a close tie with tzatziki sauce)- recipe coming soon , bruschetta, homemade salsa ( my husband eats salsa EVERY single day), kale with lemon tahini dressing and pickled cucumber and onions. I plan to use these things to help make dinner making this week a bit more simple.

My favorite Beer guy at SAMS liquor, in Lexington, recommended this Gose to me after they didn't have the one I was looking for.  Gose style beer is not for everyone but, I really like it. It has a sour taste yet this one is balanced out well with the cactus and grapefruit. It is a good play on a summer spritzer I think!

I cook A LOT and often I am critical of my food but sometimes I will make a dinner that leaves me going DANGGGG, that was good. This was one of those. I love earthy tasting foods. My husband said this meal was a perfect combo of some of our favorite "earthy toned foods." I made grassfed burgers, seasoned with Flavor God's zesty italian seasoning and a little bit of burger dust from a place in Hendersonville, NC.  We topped our burgers with sauteed mushrooms, feta cheese, homemade pesto mayo, microgreens and some pickled cucumbers and onions. Served the burger with a the lemon tahini kale I had prepared earlier in the day with some quinoa and sundried tomatoes mixed in. I also made okra "fries". I plan to make these again later in the week and will post a very easy recipe for you lovelies!


I hope y'all have a wonderful week. Try not to let Monday get the best of you. I will leave you with this little encouragement that I posted on my Instagram this morning. 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan