Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Tomato Topping

Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Did you know that cilantro taste like soap to some people? It has everything to do with your genes. If you have no clue what I am talking about, here is an article to explain it: Cilantro Taste like Soap for some . Luckily for me, my parents did NOT give me that gene. I LOVE cilantro,like eat it off the plant, just for the taste kind of love. This is a recipe for Cilantro Lime Chicken with Avocado Topping. These things can be made completely separate and used, but I think I like the combo of the two. The Avocado mixture would be really good on some fresh fish I think. In fact, I have done something similar with some Cobia my dad caught and gave me.


 


CILANTRO LIME CHICKEN


-Chicken breast or chicken tenders ( 1 breast per person or 3 tenders per person, unless you have a really hungry husband, friend, child)
-l garlic clove (smashed and then cut up into small pieces)
-handful of cilantro leaves (roughly chopped)
-juice from one lime
-drizzle of olive oil
-sprinkle of FlavorGod taco seasoning or if you don't have this just use a sprinkle of cumin 
-pinch of salt

Combine all items in bag or bowl. Marinate for atleast 15 minutes. You could definitely marinate overnight if you have the time.

Grill or cook in pan on stove top until done.



 


AVOCADO-TOMATO TOPPING

-handful of cilantro (roughly chopped)
-1/2 red onion (diced)
-juice of 1/2 a lime
- 1 avocado (halved-then diced)
- 1 clove of garlic ( chopped finely)
- 1 vine ripe tomato or about 8-10 grape tomatoes halved or quartered
-drizzle of olive oil
-splash of red wine vinegar
-salt and pepper to taste

Add all ingredients together. Add in avocado last to keep from mashing it too much. Serve on top of chicken from recipe above.



There you have it. Healthy, fresh dinner! Seriously this chicken marinade is so good. 


Happy Hump Day! I hope the rest of y'alls week is filled with many blessings. Thanks for stopping by! I hope to most another recipe sometime this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan