Dijon Parsley Salmon

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

I worked in the same restaurant for almost 9 years. We had a salmon dish on the menu that was hands down my favorite thing we had. It was different from the recipe I am about to share but, it did have dijon on it. My husband and I eat alot of chicken and red meat so having salmon is always a treat. Time and time again, I always go back to creating this recipe with little modifications here and there. 



{{ Dijon Parsley Salmon }}

Ingredients:

- (2) 6-8 oz Salmon fillets ( we usually buy one big piece and cut it in half)
- small handful of parsley 
-1/2 of a lemon 
-1/4 cup of Dijon Mustard ( if following the whole 30 be sure to use the dijon without white wine added)
-capers with juice strained off ( you can use anywhere from a teaspoon to a couple of teaspoons, I just throw some into the mixture until I think it looks good)
-salt and pepper to taste
-olive oil or cooking spray

Directions:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
 
-Drizzle a little olive oil in the bottom of a small baking dish. Place salmon fillets in dish. Place to side.

 -Roughly chop parsley and throw into separate bowl. Add dijon, lemon juice and capers to bowl. Add a pinch of salt and a couple good crackings( is that even a term?) of pepper. Mix ingredients in bowl all together.


-Salt and pepper salmon fillets. (I also sometimes sprinkle my EVERYTHING Flavor God's seasoning onto the fish at this point. This step is not necessary, but it does add a little extra flavor to the fish)
-Spread dijon mixture across salmon pieces.
-Place baking dish into the oven. Cook for 20-25 minutes. If your salmon fillets are thin you may need to cook for less time. If you like your fish extra done then, leave in for longer.  We eat ours at around medium.

-Once fish is cooked, remove from oven and plate! Viola! Dijon Parsley Salmon. 
(if the dijon flavor is too tangy for you, add a little bit of honey to the mustard mixture)
------------------------------------------
(haricot verts recipe coming soon)


Also pictured in the plated photo is grilled portobello mushrooms. If you are looking for a simple but amazing side dish... these are SO easy. Just take portobellos and throw them in a ziploc bag with your favorite vinaigrette dressing (you can just use oil/vinegar/ and some seasonings too). Marinade for about 15 minutes (or longer) and place on grill. Grill until desired doneness. Slice to serve. These also make for an amazing sandwich idea. I will have to work on a recipe for y'all!
-------------------------------------------

Disclaimer: I am totally new to this recipe thing. I cook by taste and am horrible about measuring exact measurements. This is my best attempt to tell you the amounts of each item I use. I try and make recipes that don't require "exacts" when preparing them. If you don't like this recipe, I am sorry. Food is a lot of personal preference and my husband and I both enjoy the recipes I post.









No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan