Weekend Roundup

Monday, May 23, 2016

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Here is a few scenes from what we had going on.


Well, I went and cut my hair shorter. I am ashamed to say I had not had my hair done since late November. It feels good to have a fresh cut and color and I'm still adjusting to fixing it at this length. 




 I found the adorable makeup bag at Target. I am a sucker for pineapples. I had to buy it.

 I went by Thomas' shop on Friday to check out something he was working on for an upcoming wedding. I love seeing the things I show him photos of, come to life. He truly is talented. I am not even being biased. Ha!




I had planned to work on some stuff at the shop, but it was chilly and I wasn't really dressed for what I needed to do. Instead, we went and grabbed some food. We went to Keg Cowboy and as always, I had to get the pimp cheese board. Ya'lllll, those pickled grapes they put on there...to DIE for. I seriously savor them when I eat them because they are so strangely good. 


On Saturday I headed to Soda City and quickly realized half of Columbia has caught onto the Livingston Farms $10 fill a box. I went pretty early so luckily they still had a lot available and for $10 you can't beat it. 



I stopped by Cannonborough Beverage Company to fill up a growler of one of their amazing sodas. I opted for the Grapefruit Elderflower one this time and it did not disappoint. The lady selling for them told me to take a "soda selfie" with my buys, so I did! If you haven't checked these guys out, please do. They are now selling their sodas in bottles too. They have a really neat story on how they got started that is worth reading about.


Now, I can't make a trip to Soda City without grabbing up some of these empanadas. So, So good.



All of my Soda City buys. I have plans for a few of these things for dinner this week. 





I used some of the veggies I bought to make homemade red sauce. The first photo is before I took my immersion blender to it and pureed it down. If you don't own an immersion blender, go buy one. They are a life saver!

I stole this photo from my snapchat. Andrea was in town for the weekend and this is a random picture we took together, I am not sure WHAT we are doing ha!

Use my Cannonborough soda and mint from City Roots to make this cocktail.


On Sunday, We headed to Augusta to take our 1 year photos. Our photographer told us about this restaurant called Manuel's in this cute little neighborhood. The restaurant was neat because they grow, I believe, all of the produce they use for their dishes. If you are in the North Augusta area this place is definitely worth checking out. Each and every thing we had was amazing. 



Adorable houses in the neighborhood. 



Wine was 1/2 off bottles soooo, I picked out this Rose.  

Loved this light!


Duck wings with an amazing sauce!


Beet and Goat Cheese salad.

Coffee rubbed quail and pork belly with goat cheese polenta. The pork belly was to DIE for!

Godiva Chocolate Creme Brulee!




Well that about wraps it up. I hope everyone has an amazing week! My week is super hectic because, one of my best friends is getting married this coming weekend!  

Blessings!


No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan